March 11, 2010

ice cream cone cake

i've always wanted to try baking cake batter inside ice cream cones. yesterday was my boss' birthday, and since i am unofficially the "resident baker" at my work, i volunteered to create the dessert.
martha stewart's cupcake book says to cover a tube pan in a double layer of tinfoil, poke holes through it with only about an inch of the cone showing, and to put 2-3 tablespoons of cake batter in the cones. i guessed that a "tube pan" was a bundt pan, and put paul to work creating the perfectly sized holes for the cones. i filled them too high, some of them ran together, the cones started unravelling, and became slightly soggy. they were not going to look good presented in the tinfoiled bundt pan. so, i thought fast and baked up three 6" rounds. the cones are double chocolate chip, as is the mini round in the middle. the mini rounds on the top and bottom are regular chocolate chip cake, with chocolate pudding in between the layers. not perfection, but it did taste good, and my co-workers were impressed with the presentation of the ice cream cone cake bouquet...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I every time emailed this webpage post page to all my contacts, as if like to read it afterward my links will
too.

Also visit my web site: leg pain massager

Anonymous said...

That is a good tip especially to those new to the blogosphere.

Simple but very accurate info… Thank you for sharing this one.
A must read article!

My website :: personal injury attorney